Friday, May 24, 2019

Wake up alone (Day 856)


your voice beckons  

back  I fall 

into the damp green night

I know you 

want me 

to wake up 

alone 

but how can you be so 

certain I can hear 

you  whispering 

from the gate where I left 

you  all those years 

since then  since wanting 

to find you  but not 

the world you painted

red and blue as autumn stars 

is farther away 

than it seemed then  

and in my dreams  

and it is 

hard going  clambering over 

this precarious terrain

so  just this once  say no  

tell me no

and let me have my way

I promise I will

close it  firmly  behind me  

when I leave


(c) 2019, by Hannah Six

Image: James McNeill Whistler, Nocturne in Blac

 and Gold: The Falling Rocket (1875), oil on panel, 

via Wikimedia Commons


No comments:

Post a Comment