Saturday, August 24, 2019

Soon Enough (Day 948)


People like to tell you

change is the only constant

but please  don’t wish me away

my warmth is radiant 

my beauty lush  voluptuous

and I offer only abundance 

and freedom  to meander  

to dream  to stride into 

the world with nothing but 

your own true self  

for you  my hands are always 

willing to create  

my arms to comfort  

my lips to sing lullabies so sweet

you will yearn for them 

before you even begin 

to forget the words  I know 

people are fond of saying  

variety is the spice of life  

but I am afraid 

you might hate what comes next

the one who takes my place 

may chill you to the bone  

so please  allow me the honor 

of a lingering death  and

don’t wish me away just yet


(c) 2019, by Hannah Six

Image: Marie Egner, Late Summer on the Salzburger Moor

near Untersberg (by 1940), oil on canvas, via Wikimedia


No comments:

Post a Comment