Thursday, September 12, 2019

Beloved (Day 967)

So elegant.
I could’ve done her, he says. 
So tall. 
I could’ve nailed her
So frail.
My one regret
Angel of the populace, 
brilliant in blue, beloved 
in white, in miles of tulle 
and satin, demure 
as an ancient daemon. 
On a long-ago night, 
someone named a star 
after you, after me. 
When he told me, I laughed, 
slicing his pain with the shards 
of my cold-splintered heart. 
The heart he froze, 
he shattered. And you, 
when you left without saying 
goodbye.

(c) 2019, by Hannah Six
Image: Pixabay


Interesting note: In ancient Greece, daemons “…were 
considered divine powers, fates, guardian spirits, or 
angels, who gave guidance and protection, and scarcely 
figure in Ancient Greek art or mythology, their presence 
was felt, rather than seen. “ (Greeker than the Greeks)



No comments:

Post a Comment