Tuesday, August 11, 2020

The sweetness at the end of the meadow (Day 1300; Part 3: T__)


3. T__


eyes closed   I summon you   golden 

child   sitting cross legged in your door

every time when I look in the mirror

guitar cradled in your lap

following notes and chords 

down a mossy path into a sunlit corner 

only you could see

all these lines on my face getting clearer

and you   I wonder   where have you gone

since you bestowed your talisman on us?

always a lucky nut   you said   with a smile

like the full moon setting

the past is gone

and   though I wish you only peacocks

hummingbirds and cranes

with my eyes closed   I still see

you   forever innocent of the crimes 

perched like ravens in your future



© 2020 by Hannah Six





*Italicized lines: Lyrics to Dream On, by Steven Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment