Sunday, March 11, 2018

Wondering (Day 417)

I am wondering about your heart,
but will not ask directly. Is it safe? 
Or are you anxious it might break?
Tell me: Do you ever open 
the floodgates just to feel 
the exquisite release of pressure, 
water thundering, tremendous 
power focused by boundaries 
you were unable to build 
back then? You always were 
uncomfortable when I noticed 
your submerged emotions. 
When I questioned your repression, 
you withdrew. So I stopped. These days, 
when I’m asked what you’re doing,
when they wonder how you are, 
when they wonder if we still talk
to each other, I just smile and say: 
‘That’s OK. You know, 
wonder is seldom fatal.’


(c) 2018, by Hannah Six

Image: TakehisaYumeji, Woman in Cafe (unfinished)
(1915), oil on canvas, 

No comments:

Post a Comment