Thursday, May 10, 2018

How Long? (Day 477)

Who ever knew a man could be so 
lovely? 
Who wouldn’t want him, 
gentle as a lamb (or so it seemed)? 
No halo but his own gold hair, 
glowing in the light 
from where I stand. 
How is this shining man sitting 
alone? 
Suddenly, a stranger in my eyes,
he doesn’t see me 
linger at the edges of the room,
nor know that soon 
he’ll rise to greet his darling. 
Then, he’ll be mine again. For now, 
I can resist his tempting smile, 
loathe to break this unexpected spell, 
content for one more moment 
to see him as I imagine others do.
How can it be, this golden man 
is waiting here 
for me? How long 
before he learns of his mistake?  


(c) 2018, by Hannah Six

Image: Korenmarkt, Ghent, Belgium
by Henk Monster via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment