Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Inevitable (Day 1055)


It was your blues   in the beginning
that made me love you   
and your resilience   the way you seemed 
to bounce back from tugging tensions
never perfect   always warm   colorful
looking at you  I smiled   knowing you 
would be there whenever blizzards blew
or heavy clouds gathered on our horizons
a cushion against life’s cold surfaces
I relied on   looked for   used you
long and through-the-wringer hard   
never noticing how the years wore on you
how frail you became   growing thin   almost 
ephemeral   in hidden places   until
one day you gave way   unraveling
and how can I fill your empty space   can I 
reclaim the part of me that made you
the part of you that was me   transforming
what was into something that will be
wondering   all the while   what might have
happened  had I looked at you   and been
able to see the unexpected   inevitable   end 
All content (c) 2019, by Hannah Six

No comments:

Post a Comment