Friday, October 4, 2013

A Poem (185) & A Perspective

Enough is enough. In my opinion, the current debate needs an injection of reality. So here goes:

I have Myalgic Encephalopathy (ME) and am often too sick to walk more than a block or two, let alone to work at all. 

I NEED 'OBAMACARE'!!!

Many people have made negative comments to me about the Affordable Healthcare Act--ironically, mostly people who can afford food, shelter, transportation AND healthcare. 

I cannot. Nor can many people I know. In the kind and caring USA, however, most people are afraid to be open about that. (Perhaps rightly so.) 

Well, I say to hell with it. Without my medicine and healthcare, my life would be unbearable, and I would be incapacitated!!! 

So when/if you "debate" Obamacare, you can keep me in mind, and remember you are talking about whether or not REAL PEOPLE deserve to live or die. 

Now, at least for people who know me, the issue has a face.

---------------

Today's poem:

Untitled
Sometimes the exquisite sorrow 
In this world wrenches my heart 
and leaves me gasping. 
The cruelty: People against people, 
Against The Different, against all creatures;
Governments toward citizens and non-citizens; 
Unthinking nature, neither for nor against, 
But often damaging, all the same.
The blame, as senseless as the acts,
The meaning a fine, clear filament 
Invisible to the naked eye.

(c) 2013, by Hannah Six

No comments:

Post a Comment